Saturday, December 6

Cinnamon roll Recipe, Picture below

Ok, here's the cinnamon roll recipe, I couldn't remember how I take the calories out, you'll have to figure that one out yourself.
Enjoy! Any questions, just e-mail me. I use this same recipe with only 2 Tablespoons sugar for my bread. I sometimes use 5 cups white bread flour and 2 cups whole wheat flour or 4 and 3, whatever strikes your fancy.

Use bread flour only (hard wheat) and real butter makes the best tasting rolls. Really more taste and not many more calories.
7 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp salt
good 1/2 cup dry milk
2 1/2 tablespoons yeast (I use SAF instant) Keeps forever in the freezer

mix all of the above in mixer with dough hook or by hand until blended

then add:
1/2 cup soft butter
put 2 large eggs in quart measuring cup and add water (warm baby bath temp) to the eggs up to the 3 cup mark.

Mix the above in mixer with bread hook till ready
Knead 7 minutes till dough leaves side of bowl

I do all this in my Kitchen Aid Mixer with the dough hook. You can knead by hand as well.

Spray bowl with Pam and let rise till double (I fill sink with hot water, put an over rack over the sink and put bowl with dough covered with sprayed saran wrap and cover with a towel)
Punch down and let rise as above 2nd time.
Then cut dough in two, roll out in rectangles (2) one at a time. Spread with a cube of soft butter, lots of brown sugar and cinnamon. Slice in 2" slices and put in pan, let rise till double and bake at 350 degrees 25 minutes or so.

Frost with:
8 oz cream cheese softened
1/2 cup butter
vanilla
4 cups or so powdered sugar.

2 comments:

Christina said...

Thank you, I'm going to try it today.

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

I haven't had homemade rolls since my husband's grandma passed away. I don't know if I am up to attempting this, but you sure make them look good!

Maggie

Maggie
And they called it Puppy Love,