Wednesday, November 19

Insomnia and weight loss (not related)

I have had insomnia forever, but at certain times, like stress, overwork, pain, etc. it gets worse. Well, several friends have mentioned taking Melatonin, so last night I stopped by the local Walgreens and bought some. I waited until 30 minutes before I went to bed and took 3mg. as suggested. I was so sleepy and fell asleep within a half hour. All good, you say.... until 3 hours later when I woke up all red and itchy on every square inch of my body. I was miserable. I finally poked around in the medicine cabinet and found a very old bottle of benadryl. One hour later, I stop itching and was able to get back to sleep. I actually got 5 hours of sleep before my alarm went off and I had to go to work. I'm wondering now if I should cut the dosage in half and try again on a night when I don't have to get up so early or just ditch the whole idea. The jury is still out! Tomorrow, I have to make frosting and finish baking and decorating my two wedding cakes for Friday AM. Then I can rest. Oh, I do have to work out though because I have to loose at least 50 pounds by Saturday when I renew my drivers license so I will be the weight it says on my license. You think I can do it?

8 comments:

Norma said...

Ah, you are fighting the same demons that I am. Problem is when I wake up at three in the morning, I am also hungry so have to have a snack while I am waiting to go back to sleep. That does not help the waist line one bit! My drivers liscense has me lighter for years, then I lost the weight and it had me heavier than I was. I decided, it came out even in the end! Good luck, be sure and show pictures of the cakes!

Kristie said...

Just wanted to say that I loved reading over your blog and will certainly be back again soon!! Hope the sleep thing gets better, I hate that!! Oh and let me know if you loose your 50 lbs by the weekend!!! I'll have to have your secret!!! :)
Kristie

Christina said...

Benadryl puts me to sleep. And it could be the brand of melatonin (sp), the things they add, you could try a natural health food store.

elsie123 said...

When you lose your 50 by Saturday, I also want you to fill us in on how you do it! Enjoyed your blog, and I'll be back. (And it's almost 3:30 a.m., so that might give you a clue that I can relate to the middle of the night awakenings...)

Amy said...

o my , weight on license's.. mine is a fraud .and my hair color... LOL...don't sweat it,I take something natural called 5HTP. also works with womens hormones.and yes please share pics of the cakes.

Amy said...

hello, NO, 5HTP is not for lying or anything, haha,, something that works natural with womens hormones. all I know is I take at bedtime and I sleep good. maybe gooogle it. have a great day,Amy

Anonymous said...

Perhaps you are suffering from peri-menopause?

julieQ said...

Please be careful and think about it before you take it again. Second allergic reactions are usually many fold worse than the first one.

Maggie

Maggie
And they called it Puppy Love,