Thursday, November 27

Happy Thanksgiving


I hope everyone is having a relaxing and fun day with those you love. Remember to reflect on the things, we, as Americans have to be thankful for. This past year has been a hard one for us. HRH's job was outsourced to India, I had to recently go back to work, things are tight, the stock market is down, we haven't seen our kids or grandkids for 6 months or more. But I still have so much to be thankful for. I have a warm house, enough food, friends, a job I like, freedom to worship as I please, a puppy I adore, plenty of fabric to make quilts when the notion strikes and you, my blog friends. GOD BLESS AMERICA.
We are having dinner with friends from church who are graciously hosting a dinner for us ORPHANS who don't have family close. I made a couple of desserts for the kids but all in all, no cooking. This is a first. I don't know how to act, not getting up in the wee hours to get that bird stuffed and in the oven, baking pies, washing and ironing linens. I kind of miss it!

1 comment:

Norma said...

We were down to four this year. The plan was to have all the kids here one year, then the next they would go to the inlaws. My DIL's mother did not like the idea of just having her kids every other year so opted to do their dinner on the Sat. afterward so we have our son and DIL every year.

Maggie

Maggie
And they called it Puppy Love,