Sunday, June 12

Land of Castles and rock walls

We just got back from a wonderful trip to Ireland. I have wanted to go there for so many years, I can't count them. My great grandmother was born there and for years I have had this trip in my bucket list. I discovered what county, Tipperary, she was from and convinced my husband that he could drive a right side drive car on the left side of the road, and off we went.

I will have to admit that the driving thing was pretty nerve wracking to say the least. I have never seen such narrow roads and they expect more than one car at a time on them! We survived, but barely.

We flew to Dublin and drove clockwise from there around as far as we could, then dipped inward to the counties that are inland. We had planned on going up to Donegal to visit Micki, but time got away from us and we weren't able to make it. Maybe next time. I live on the Northwest part of the US and I have to say that the weather and terrain was pretty much like home, rain and all (without the gale force winds). We didn't get very good weather but didn't let that spoil our visit. We just hunkered down, bought hats and forged ahead.

I think there is a castle about every mile or so and we just loved exploring them. I will post more pictures later as I sort things out. Right now, I'm trying to get the house in order from all the unpacking and having my son and grandson housesit, but that's another story.

I have a baby quilt that I had tried to finish before I left and the baby is due in 20 days so I'm going to spend some time doing that today. It is another I spy quilt and I have to say, after this, I never want to do another one. It turned out ok and is easy, but I'm tired of it after making two in 6 months. They are pretty busy.

I hope to be better about my blog going forward, I have been awful about keeping up.

Carline

1 comment:

sewkalico said...

Sounds like you had a great trip! Good luck with the baby quilt. My tastes have changed too and now I rarely use brights unless it's for someone else :-)

Maggie

Maggie
And they called it Puppy Love,