Thursday, April 30

I've been found!

I finally finished quilting this sampler that has been in the UFO pile for a few years. It sure feels good to get some of these done. As I mentioned a few weeks back, I have been cleaning my quilting closet and in doing so, found "several", well, many UFO projects that are in various stages of completion, from blocks to this one that was being quilted when I got discouraged because of thread problems. I had started it with rayon thread and I was doing each section or color with a different thread. The result was not good, so I frog stitched it out and started over. The only part I didn't have to re-quilt was the light background. My sister-in-law loves teals and so I thought this one should have her name on it. I still have to put a label on it before we go to Montana and deliver it. How's everyone else doing on that stack of UFOs? Any confessions as to how many are in your stash??? Carline

4 comments:

Amy said...

beautiful quilt, I am sure it will be cherished.

Micki said...

You did such lovely free motion quilting. I love the quilt! I am so glad that you decided to finish it!
Micki

Jenny said...

Lovely quilt! I'm only just having a go at this type of quilt - we'll see how it goes!

AverettLadyNana said...

Beautiful quilt! Lucky person who receives it!

Maggie

Maggie
And they called it Puppy Love,