Sunday, September 26

I Spy




I am making a baby quilt for our nephew's expected adoption in November. They are having a boy and are so thrilled. This quilt is so much fun to make. First, I collected conversation prints for over two years, all children's prints. Then cut the 6" pieces into hexigons 1st picture. Then cut and sew triangles to 2 of the sides of the hexigons. The next step is to sew them into rows. Then the rows are sewn together, stars form from the red triangles. This is as far as I've gotten, but I will post another picture soon of the top. There are so many different things for a toddler to FIND in the quilt that as they get a little older it makes it a fun game too. I think I will make more than one of these as last week at a women's meeting at church, we had a give and take table and someone had aKeepsake Quilting packet of children's conversation squares. I thought they were put there just for me so Hello quilt 2.

We had a glorious day weatherwise, yesterday and HRH got a lot of yard work done. Our front yard is almost finished. Today, however it is raining cats and dogs. So a good book and quilting after church is in order.

Why these are in the wrong order, I don't know, but I couldn't seem to get them changed. You get the picture though.

1 comment:

carol fun said...

What a great quilt! I've made a couple of these myself and they are so much fun - Happy stitching!

Maggie

Maggie
And they called it Puppy Love,