Sunday, July 12

Baby quilt


Another Finish!



My best friend's son and DIL had a baby girl and I finished this quilt for her. I used prints from the Lakehouse line and  cut the letters out of a panel. I was kind of pushed for time so wanted something simple. Grandma is a librarian so I thought the alphabet was appropriate. I was able to find a sweet flannel for the back that has the alphabet on it as well. Lucky find. I tried to get a picture, but the light was wrong and it's too washed out to show the letters. Now back to more UFO's. I'm now working on a batik that I started over a year ago at a WASIQ (Washington State Internet Quilters) retreat. It turned out ok but I had a lot of Oops, intersections that I had to frog stitch and re-sew. That finished, I am now on to the borders. It's a king sized quilt so a handful. I will have my friend at Hattie and Me Quilting do the quilting on "Hattie" her LA machine. She also did the quilting on the baby quilt.
We've had a lazy Sunday, church, then a short nap and dinner with fresh peas and new red potatoes from the garden. Yesterday I picked rhubarb and raspberries and made a pie so nearly the entire dinner was "home grown. We had fish from Costco, so no fishing trip involved.

1 comment:

Micki said...

The baby quilt is lovely. I like the pattern so much, and I am sure that it will be cherished.
Micki

Maggie

Maggie
And they called it Puppy Love,